Friday, October 12, 2012

If I Were to Write a Blog Post

This would be it. If you change all the "boy" to "girl," that is.

And I would tell you that this is my sister and we are all in deep mourning.

And these children were friends with my Iris in Ethiopia.

Sometimes I want to scream at the injustices of the world. Those "sometimes" have become nearly "every waking hour" anymore. And sometimes I wake up just for those moments.

It's been a very emotional week and frankly, even though it is contrary to my make-up, I've got no words to describe my chaos anymore. I could tell you a funny story about the first grade field trip to the pumpkin patch in a freezing cold downpour, but I just don't have the heart for it. That sentence just about sums it up without actually complaining about something that is irrelevant compared to life's true problems.

So there you go. My week in review.

3 comments:

K said...

so, so sorry for all of this. thanks for the "A Moment Cherished" link. we're pursuing hearts over here, too. hard, hard work. many days i feel like The Biggest Loser. His grace is enough, but the hurt is still real.

HazelmelHappenings said...

hugs

Aray said...

'This" makes me wish I could give you a hug. 'this' makes my heart break into pieces at what your family is experiencing. And 'these children' makes me angry and I want to scream.

You are not alone and always in my prayers.