Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I Married Dilbert

Have you ever seen that Dilbert cartoon where he is happily typing away on his computer when Liz walks in and says "I think you love that computer more than you love me!" Dilbert responds, "I do not love that computer more than I love you!" Next frame dilbert is chanting to himself "Please don't ask about the laptop, Please don't ask about the laptop!" And Liz calls from the other room something like, "What do you mean, 'That computer?'"

My husband cracked up, cut it out, and refers to it often.

So last night, my husband of nine and a half years, always the romantic, said, "Well since I can't get it in time for Valentine's Day, I might as well tell you what your Valentine's Day present is." This from the man who hasn't bought very many of them.

I responded, "You mean I get something besides that Godiva Cheesecake that I'm buying from Sam's tomorrow?"

He said, "Yep. Look at me." He was holding up his laptop.

He does love me.

Yes, he replaced it with a bigger better machine. Yes, the reason I don't get the laptop today is because he doesn't have his machine ready for him yet. But I'm feeling the love.

No comments: