Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tonight Princess and Eldest were practicing our address and phone number for school. We were chanting away. And Princess's chant turned into her vowel chant aa, eh, ih, ah, uh. Which became a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, eleven, p ...

This is the same child who, at three, decided she just needed to change the melody of the abc song from Twinkle, twinkle, little star so that she could fit L, M, N, O, P in and now we have this eleven issue.

I think it was a fluke. I laughed out loud, she giggled. We'll see.

They never did get the address or phone number. Why do I live in a city where phone numbers are ten digit affairs? And my address has 7 numbers in it. It is almost cruel to make a couple of five-year-olds memorize that. Heck, I hardly know it.

No comments: