Friday, February 26, 2010

In the Continuing Saga that is the cat and animals in general

Yesterday I went for two maintenance visits to doctors.

The first was to my dentist. An appointment that they wouldn't let me schedule for two weeks ago because six months would not be until yesterday. I think they assumed that I have insurance. They assumed wrong. You'd think they would see that in my chart. But that isn't the point. It rarely is. "IT" being my first rant. My point is this: I was in there for an hour while my teeth were scraped, polished, poked and examined by two different people. My final bill was $72 (after my pay day of service discount). They sent me home with two toothbrushes, a tube of toothpaste and a roll of floss. Complementary.

My second appointment was at the vet's office where Nonny the evil, who pees in my house and claws my new furniture, who doesn't want to go outside in snowmageddon so lives exclusively in my garage, had to have enough shots that I can allow her near my children. Length of visit: 8 minutes. Cost of visit: $114. They offered to sell me some expensive flea medicine that also counter-attacks something else--worms maybe? (I passed.)

There's just something twisted about that.

1 comment:

MotherT said...

I so agree with you. Why should it cost more to take care of a pet than it does the human that gives them a home?