Tuesday, April 05, 2011

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Programming to Bring You This Very Important Message

This guy, the one who took me to the Sea of Galilee...

And made me swim in it, even though it was freezing, because you just should...

who gets up with me to see sunrises because they are important to me

who participated in baptizing me in the Jordan River

and got baptized there himself

who loves Jerusalem with a passion,

and can make friends with a doorpost (not that ANYONE in this photo could be described as a doorpost)

who is looks very young in relation to this 800 year old olive tree

This one, who has recently been outed as "Brent"

who sneaks off from the tour group with me so that we can see things that the tour won't see

and carries the bags when I tire of doing so

and slathers himself in Dead Sea mud because he's a good sport

who walks on walls and rests in recesses

and finds a way to see things that are hard to see (AKA takes me out of my comfort zone)

who doesn't take himself too seriously

like I said....

HE is my very best friend.
AND he is 35 today.

Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift.

2 comments:

MotherT said...

Jamie, I am certainly enjoying these posts of your trip, but THIS is the BEST birthday post ever!

Mrs. D said...

Oops. Did I out him? Hope he had a great birthday...you can remind him for me that today he is closer to 40 than 30 :).