Wednesday, August 22, 2012

That Hair!

I've been getting a lot of comments about Frodo's hair. You know the type. When you gonna cut it? How long you gonna let him grow it? What's up with it? What you gonna do about it?

Here's the thing. I made a deal with this child the night before Easter. If he would let me cut it then, I wouldn't touch it again until school starts. Since then, he as let me even out the shaggy ends, trim up the bangs and take him into the salon for a thin out. Also since then, he has begun helping me with the dishes without being asked. He helps me cook every meal. If he sees me doing laundry, he comes in and assists. He jumps up from his art projects to unload the dishwasher as soon as he sees me start the process and sometimes he just unloads it because he can tell it is ready to be done (or that we are out of cups). He is congenial almost all the time, babysits for free and has been picking up after himself.

And he made me iced tea today.

I tell you, Frodo took a happy pill and long hair is the only side effect.

If the worst this child can dish out is long hair, he can have it.

I don't want to hear any more about it.

No comments: