Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Reclaiming Nick

It's that time of month again when I get to talk about fun books I've read lately...as if I don't talk about that anytime I durn well please! Anyhoo...

I got to read Susan May Warren's newest book Reclaiming Nick the other day and as usual she didn't disappoint. Maybe it is just that I'm a country girl at heart, but you've got to love a cowboy.

This is sort of a modern day Western. Part romance, part mystery, part suspense, enough bad guy who isn't and good guy who isn't to keep you on your toes.

Here's the back cover copy:

Nick Noble hadn't planned on being the prodigal son. But when his father dies and leaves half the Silver Buckle--the Noble family ranch--to Nick's former best friend, he returns home to face his mistakes...and to guarantee that the ranch stays in the Noble family.

Award winning journalist Piper Sullivan believes Nick framed her brother for murder, and she's determined to find justice. But following Nick to the Silver Buckle and posing as a ranch cook proves more challenging than she thinks. So does resisting his charming smile.

As Nick seeks to overturn his father's will--and Piper digs for answers--family secrets surface that send Nick's life into a tailspin. But there's someone else who wants to take the Silver Buckle from the Noble family, and he'll stop at nothing --even murder-- to make it happen.

Jamie here: and none of that is even the best part of the book which I won't tell you about because reading is more of a pleasure when you don't know what's going to happen.

I have to say that this is one of my favorite of Susan's books so far. Grab it and give it a read. If you are anything like me, it will take all of a day of ignoring dishes, laundry, and meals to get it finished.


No comments: