Sunday, January 07, 2007

Seriously!

How can men, who have cared nothing about certain teams (ahem, the NFC for example) spend an entire weekend watching their games?

I understood as long as the Chiefs were playing (better luck next year...). I even sort of get the AFC West teams (we even can name some of the players). But if you tell me the Jets are playing the (crud, can't even remember because there has been so much football today), and I can't bring up the city the teams are from (I know now, I asked) I don't see the point.

I asked Hubs. Not trying to pick a fight. I wasn't. I just don't understand why we all of a sudden care. He said it is because we will be watching them next week in the next round of playoffs....

And why?

Well, we want to be familiar with the teams when they get to the Superbowl.

We do? Don't we just root for the AFC? Don't we primarily watch for the commercials and the food?

Until the Chiefs make it, I won't get it.

Ugh, and I wrote and sold an article about men deserving an afternoon of football every now and then.

I just don't think they necessarily need an ENTIRE WEEKEND OF TEAMS WE DON'T GIVE A RIP ABOUT.

I have a TV noise headache.

I'm reading a really cool book though (dangerous in January considering the content):

1 comment:

Camy Tang said...

I completely hear on the football!!! I thought I'd be doomed to watch the college game tonight, but they were losing by a mile and there was a CSI Miami rerun we hadn't seen yet, so I was spared.
camy