Thursday, June 26, 2008

Early and Often

That was Hub's and my motto last week in regard to caffeine consumption. I decided to not limit this motto to vacation only and have continued on my quest this week as I go through re-entry.

What a week it has been.

So you might just imagine my delight this morning when Princess turns to me from "helping" me crack eggs for muffins, indicates the coffee I've just opened, and asks, "Mom, do you really need that?"

Well, lessee, I was awakened from my attempt at a doze this morning after about four hours sleep by Frodo's scream of annoyance and pain because Charming whom Princess lifted onto my bed (where Frodo was sleeping, of course) whacked him awake.

If I were her, I'd shut up and let my mom suck down whatever caffeine laced drinks she wanted.

But I have that innate self-preservation about me.

No comments: