Friday, March 24, 2006

Um, Did I Happen To Mention....

...last week, when I posted my "Death of a Dream" that I had been rather ill, I'd been up with kids all week, that I'd waded in poop and could still smell the stench in the house, that my in-laws (lovely though they may be) were coming, that a loved one had been diagnosed with cancer, and that I had um, PMS?

Yeah, well, I do want another baby. I knew that would come back to bite me in the patooty, I just didn't think it would happen so soon. Last night I had the almost sickening urge to hold my daughter. Preferably of one of the darker shades of melanin, but I can be flexible. So consider this my official call to arms. I'm on the hunt, if you know of any available.

I knew it even while I typed, drat it. I'm sure that is why I was so sad thinking I was "done."

On another note, last week my house was filthy, my (immaculate) in-laws were heading directly towards us and my vacuum no longer worked. As that particular vacuum was not a cheap one and it got broken by my careless children who think vacuums are to be walked upon, I was in a quandary trying to decide whether to buy the very expensive Dyson or el-cheapo, $50 vacuum from Wal-Mart. You know, you can break a lot of $50 vacuums before you have bought a Dyson. Besides, I already had an expensive vacuum that had a half life it didn't live up to. I bought el-cheapo bagless.

Man I never saw so much dirt in my life. We were living in filth.

The good thing about this bagless thing is I feel such a sense of accomplishment every time I sweep. I look in the canister, show it around, we all oo-yuck and I feel like I've done something. All by 8 AM.

1 comment:

owlhaven said...

I'm pretty partial to sweet little brown babies too...

Mary, mom to many