Saturday, June 17, 2006

Father's Day

Here's to the man who taught me to hang rain guttering, and gave me a raise every time I mastered putting in a screw with fewer stops of the drill (buzz, buzz, buuuuzzzzzzz). I know it must have driven you crazy.

Here's to the man who taught me to stop on a dime--literally.

Here's to the man who taught his girls to shingle. My guy friends call me for roofing advice.

Here's to the man who figured out that if he puree's onions, I will eat the soup. Unfortunately, it didn't work with bell peppers (bleh!).

Here's to the man who had to drag his daughters along to the coffee shop. Why we wanted to go, I'll never know. I'm just thankful he didn't smoke with all his buddies. I shudder to think what my lungs would look like if I had to breathe that air all the time.

Here's to my model gardener. I can't grow a tomato, but he keeps me stocked.

Here's to the man who took a risk, sold his business and moved, just for me. It is tough to start over in a new place with a new job at 48, but he did it. For me. (Mom gets kudos for this also. We women like stability.)

I will always be grateful.

1 comment:

Camy Tang said...

Your dad is awesome!!!!! Any man who teaches his daughter to shingle is a superstar.
Camy