Sunday, November 05, 2006

Heartsick

I feel physically ill about the situation in Colorado Springs with Pastor Ted. I've been to his church. They have some amazing people. I've been to their Leadership Conference. It was there I made some lifechanging decisions. I've heard him speak. He has great things to say. I have one of the CDs produced by some of their worship leaders. It's my favorite worship CD. I ache for his family. And his church family. But the truth is, we all knew he was a sinner. The Bible says so. For all have sinned....

It makes me take a step back and look at my own life. What am I doing today that can lead to heartache for those around me tomorrow? This isn't a time to get cynical about the church or the Christian faith. It is a time to seek God and come back to Him. If we aren't going forward, we are probably slipping backward. For me, it is time to turn around and start trudging back up that hill.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Amen.