Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day!

Seriously. Is is just me or are schools these days cancel happy? I know this would never have shut down school in MY day. And my day wasn't all that long ago, was it?

Hubs says they are suit scared.

What a world we live in when education is less valued than avoiding a payout (because, of course, education is less valued than getting the big payout, I suppose...)

*****

I just finished this book last night. It was quite interesting considering how applicable it seems at the outset to be to my life. But it didn't take three pages for me to know that this tribute by a black man to his white mother had nothing but skin color for me to compare. It was still excellent.


1 comment:

the lizness said...

well, in my area, there was recently a very bad bus wreck in snow, but the wreck actually didn't have to do with the weather. So yes, in my area, they are suit scared ;) My day wasn't that long ago either, and we rarely got school cancelled.