Tuesday, December 04, 2007

On Flavored Coffees

Move over Starbucks.

I didn't want to try the McDonald's Iced Vanilla Coffee, but when I got to southwest Kansas where there was no Starbucks, I was rather glad I had tried it and that it was available. And only a buck fifty.

And when my morning coffee date with a friend was canceled due to a vomiting Princess, and I pulled into Sonic for a Route 44 Sprite for her highness, and I noticed that Sonic had some fru-fru version of coffee on their menu now, I splurged. It was more like a Jamocha Shake from Arby's (a pleasure all of its own). But at $2.50, still half of a Mocha Frap. And they brought it to my van full of sick kid.

As more and more cheap versions of my addiction jump into the fray, I just wanted to take a moment and rejoice.

Is it a venti Mocha Frappuccino? No. But I'm also guessing these don't have 750 calories, either. And even if they do, they are a fraction of the cost.

I'm not saying Ciao to Starbucks, but McDonald's drive through is starting to look a bit better than it did back when they only carried Coke.

Of course, Great Value French roast with a smidge (okay, a full, overflowing tablespoon) of Coffeemate Creme Brulee creamer is nothing to sneeze at. (At a mere $0.15 a cup, I can have three.)

1 comment:

Julie Carobini said...

I love it that you're as addicted to fru fru coffee as me. This post just made me giggle...