Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Days (that should have been) Musings

Apparently we are the only school district in the entire metro that didn't close due to snow today.

The buses are conspicuously absent from running, I noticed. Probably because they wouldn't make it up our hill.

The postman will walk his route past my house today. His powerful little truck can't make it up the hill in snow either.

I hope we can get back to the school to get the kids home later.

Hub's won't go in to the office.

Maybe we can get some "Christmas Gift Decisions" done.

Which is why he doesn't work from home much.

I'm cold.

I'm glad I don't live any farther north.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AM was late to school this morning. My usual route to school (71st St) features a steep hill of extended length and about 1/2 way up, my car threw in the towel. Ironically, I was nearly run over by a school bus that had no problem getting up said hill.

I had to back down the hill, turn around and go the long way (75th St). The traffic was backed up to Pflumn just to get on the highway. Craziness.

Anonymous said...

We had school too! I was so sure it would be cancelled that I got them up really late and had to rush!