Tuesday, February 28, 2012

40 days: day 7

Solidarity with: Ethiopia!
We ate: chicken wot (doro wot)
We prayed for: the people of Ethiopia to to grow in prosperity, for our sponsored child Amenesh and, of course, for Iris.
It was pretty good. A little too tumeric-y for my taste. We ate it with tortillas because I didn't feel like attempting injera. And garlic mashed potatoes so that my children wouldn't starve. Three of four ate it, sorta. But were glad there were also potatoes on the table.

I at until I was satisfied.
I am now hungry.

1 comment:

K said...

Oh boy! I could eat doro wat every night of the week. I also received some GREAT tips on freezing injera when I blogged about Ethiopian cooking. You might want to look into that because I'm guessing that little girl of yours will be an injera fan. :) http://likethelove.blogspot.com/2012/02/crossing-off-list.html