Friday, March 16, 2007

One Week Later

The Frog is a week old today and I've already lost 22 pounds. THIS is why I scoff at people who tell me I should only gain 25 total. What would my body use to get me through the next 6 months if I was back to pre-pregnancy weight today? What would my milk supply be like?

Speaking of milk...poor little guy. It's like trying to drink from a geyser. Not that I've ever tried that. But the way he chokes and snorts and gulps and spews...well, you get the idea. We've already crossed over into projectile vomiting, too. Thankfully he is my third to nurse and I have seen the pattern. It isn't my baby's weak stomach, it is my overabundant milk supply. I feel guilty cutting him off so quickly, before his suckling need is fulfilled, but I also hate to be soaked down to my skivvies every time he sits up, chokes and empties 9/10 of what he just ate.

When your stomach is the size of a walnut, you shouldn't eat a whole watermelon, no matter how good it tastes.

I'm finally feeling a little better today. Yesterday my fever spiked back up. I do this every time, I don't know why I don't just expect it. I don't remember the fever, but the respiratory thing, ugh.

Yesterday was my first "due date" (based on ovulation). Super glad I wasn't in labor. Tomorrow is the day I'd decided I wanted to have the baby. Glad I won't be doing that either.

All in all, a decent week.

3 comments:

the lizness said...

oh my word, you are my hero Jamie.

Julie Carobini said...

Keep these posts for future ref, Jamie, and you'll have yourself a sweet baby-lit book, lol.

Melanie Dickerson said...

You are so funny, girl! I love your sense of humor.
I can remember my baby doing that, too, I just don't remember which baby! LOL (They would be highly offended. It's a good thing they don't read your blog!)