Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Post 302

The adrenaline has worn off and the selfishness has kicked in.

I once had a friend who told me, "You never know how selfish you are until you get married...and then you never know how selfish you are until you have children."

How true.

The truth is, I didn't want to make bread this morning while Frog slept. I wanted to sleep. I didn't want to let the big kids hold the baby when he was being nice, I wanted them to leave him alone so that he would continue to be nice. I don't want to mess up my nice loaves of bread to let Frodo eat the dough (even though it is his favorite part). I haven't read since my kids came home and I'm a book reviewer. I need to read. For my sanity and for my obligations. Need I go on?

Selfishness, thy name is Jamie.

BYW, I just found a peanut in the loaf of bread I disfigured to give Frodo a piece of dough (that I should have remembered to save out, but I'm suffering sleep deprivation). A peanut.

I can only assume that happened while my dough was "sponging" while I quickly rinsed off in the shower. Three year olds.

I'd tell you what I'm reading, but I'm NOT.

1 comment:

Julie Carobini said...

No, no, NO. You are not selfish, Jamie, just EXHAUSTED. Been THERE. Hire a housekeeper (and maybe a cook--haha) and enjoy your froggie :)