Friday, September 26, 2008

Self-Awareness is Key

I set a goal for myself this week to only go to the grocery store if I was willing to walk there. My thinking was such:

A) I would get exercise.
B) I would only buy as much as I or my stroller could carry.
C) I easily live walking distance to just about anything I could possibly need.

thus:

A) I could stop compulsively gut pinching wishing I could get rid of the saggy baggy elephant that resides in my torso. (I only do this in the car or on the couch...both times when I know I should be doing something more productive.)
B) I wouldn't compulsively overspend by overstocking on marginally good deals.
C) I would quit spending so much at the pump.

So how's that working out for you, Chaos?

Well, let me say it this way: If you spend 33 calories walking to Sheridan's and eat 4217 calories of custard, are you better off?

Oh, and I'm meal planning much better to use up the stuff in my pantry.

Did you know that when cement guys pour a new driveway, they stand over the finished product until it is set? I think I want that job. The one that works for 20 minutes and drinks something out of a plastic cup under a tree for the next 3 hours.

No comments: