Thursday, November 27, 2008

Wal-Mart re-Visited

So there I was in MacPhearson, Kansas, at Wal-Mart, at 2:45 in the afternoon, on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

The place was vacant. Like my Wal-Mart at seven AM on a Tuesday in July.

ON THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING!

Maybe it isn't Wal-Mart I hate so much as it is the Wal-Mart in my city.

I'm still in awe. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The day I avoid all retail at all costs. (Unless, for example, I'm on an emergency Pepsi and Creme Brulee CoffeeMate run. A girl has her caffeinated needs, crowds be-durned.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess what I discovered?! I'm almost afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing it.

The brand new Walmart in Olathe (right off of K-7)....totally pleasant. I was there at 2pm on a SATURDAY and there were workers standing at the end of checkout lanes asking to help me. I could walk down ENTIRE AISLES without another soul appearing in the same aisle!

MotH and I were both in shock. My mother (who lives nearby) says it's always like that. Seriously, it's worth the drive.

Oh, and for what it's worth, our Walmart is now one of the top busiest Walmarts in the country. My sis tells me that the old Walmart in Olathe used to be (prior to them opening the new location) the busiest in the country, with ours in second place.....and now we are in first place. Yay us.