Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bitterness

You know how God often repeatedly brings things before you until you take notice? And even after you take notice and take steps towards repenting, it still keeps hammering at you?

Bitterness.

That's mine. And if you ask me if I'm bitter, I'd say no. But I am bitter. I can tell by the way that even on things that I would say I'm over and that I've forgiven etc., still come up on the next offense. Words said by a different person get a different response. And it must stop. And I don't know how to make it stop.

Help me, Lord Jesus.

2 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

This is for you too. I just got done reading an amazing sermon by A.W. Tozer. It hit the nail on the head...here is a quote or two. "God does not allow the tempatations and testings to come to us because He is trying to show us up-He is dealing with us through this means because we are christians, we are His children! He has found our conscience is tender enough to listen and because we are willing to be drawn closer to Him. He is only trying to teach us the necessary lesson of distrust in self." "IN ME DWELLS NO GOOD THING."

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate.