Monday, May 05, 2008

Cocky Baby, Bloody Baby

Charming has been getting pretty cocky with the stairs. He can flat move down them on his tummy, feet first.

Last week, he cracked me up when we were at Target. When I let him out of the cart he took off running (grinning back at me over his shoulder) and came to a screeching halt at the fat, red line on the floor across the end of the aisle (about the width of a stair). He dropped onto his tummy, flipped around and scooted across the red line feet first.

Thankfully it slowed him down enough that I caught up with him and put him back in prison (aka: the cart).

THIS week, however, he thinks he is BIG. (Or maybe he thinks that the world's stairs are really just fake-out red lines that look like stairs.) He must go down stairs like a BIG PERSON. He usually only does one, then sits down and scoots down them in a more appropriate fashion.

Tonight, he refused to go to sleep (at his bedtime) and I had to leave for a meeting. Well, he saw me going and took chase. Feet first, right down a flight of stairs. (Half-flight to those who don't know my house. We have a maximum of 6 stairs in a row in any given point.)

Let's just say he wasn't successful.

Needless to say, I was very late to my meeting and his face will probably be purple in the morning.

Anyone want to venture a guess whether he will go down the stairs on his tummy tomorrow?

I'm betting not.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

He is a boy. He will try running down them again. That was just bad luck.

Rhea said...

Poor Charming. The early life lessons are so important but a little hard on the body. lol I love the running away at Target looking back at you over his shoulder. Way too cute. And, then stopping on the red line to lie down and do across. That's just so funny. :o)