Friday, May 30, 2008

To Say the Least

Every time I dozed off last night I dreamed of bugs. Big nasty bugs. On my pillow. I kept waking (not really knowing I ever slept), gasping, batting at the bug, reaching to turn on the lamp and then realizing it was probably another dream.

I did this a lot when we were first married, except it was ants, not tarantulas and ants the size of my index finger.

I remembered that once I was told what dreaming of bugs meant, but I forgot so this morning I googled it. (Man I love google. What did I do before the internet?) The very first hit?

"To see a bug in your dream, suggests that you are worried about something. It is symbolic of your anxieties and/or fears. What is literally bugging you?" (From www.dreammoods.com)

Yeah, you could say that.

I also dreamed going in for the procedure. I think I'll have actually done the procedure 100 times before I actually go have it.

And I dreamed that I went back to high school. Ick. It was horrid. I was trying to juggle my kids and school work and a "social life" when it occurred to me, "Hey! I have a college degree! Screw this!" (Hey, I was in high school and I said things like that back then.) And I up and left. So there.

I can't figure out how to tell my mom who is currently sleeping in my basement, in over her head worrying about my sister.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

I have tornado dreams when I'm anxious about something. Bug dreams sound horrible. (Don't go see the new Indiana Jones movie if ants bother you!)

I'm sorry you had a negative pap. I hear so many stories of women who do and it turns out to be nothing. But, that doesn't help you stop worrying, I know.

So, hang in there, I hope everything turns out well.