Thursday, May 08, 2008

No Wonder

This morning, Eldest came to me declaring he had no school pants. Now I'm not above admitting that I have laundry to do, but I'm no further behind than usual.

So this morning, in an effort to improve my mood, I am still cleaning the rat trap my children call a room. What do I find in Eldest's bed but five pair of dirty school pants.

Gee, I wonder why I didn't get them washed and put back into his closet?

This from the child who throws clean clothes in the laundry.

1 comment:

Rhea said...

Five pairs in his bed? Wow, that's a record of some sort. lol I guess he needs some sort of consequence for not putting his clothes in the right place...that might make him stop. Easier said than done, I know.

I was the human pacifier for years for my boys. It's exhuasting...but wonderful too. I hear ya.

I dread birthday season for the same reasons...too much stuff, where's it all to go, etc. Ideally it's nice to clear out some junk before more junk moves in...but doesn't always happen.