Thursday, January 22, 2009

Don't Mess With a Good Thing

Last week, my children came home with pictures they'd drawn of paradise. Princess drew a beach (my kinda girl) and a summer day (you could tell by the butterflies). Eldest drew a house.

See that? Up on top? He's written heaven, scratched it out, and wrote "home." (I think the point of the exercise is that heaven is better than your favorite place or idea of paradise.)

Yeah, I know. Makes you go "awwwwww," right? Imagine being the mother. So, I show this to Hubs and point out that it is home and doesn't that make him feel really, super great?

Eldest overhears this and hollers from the other room, "It's Grandma and Popin's house!"

(That is NOT what the label says, but whatever.)

I echo Hub's sentiment. "Don't mess with a good thing, Buddy. You had your mom right where you want her to be! Kiss your cookies goodbye."

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

That is funny! Kids know how to keep us humble.