Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recession? You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!

Tonight we drove around for more than an hour to find a restaurant that didn't have an hour long wait.

We did not find one.

I made spaghetti.

Well, my MIL did the assembling while I juggled the fussy baby that fell asleep on the ridiculous drive.

I was thinking it and my MIL voiced it, "So, do you think we're in a recession?"

We couldn't even find a parking spot to park to go in and ask about a table in a couple places. And there were people shopping everywhere I ventured out today.

I'm sorry. If there's a recession, it isn't happening on Saturdays where I live.

I think we're choosing not to participate.

4 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I told a lady at our church who works for a gourmet chocolate store in a big mall that people are thinking that they can't come up with $700 for house payment or $350 for car payment, but they can drop $10-$20 for candy or $50-$75 for dining out because it isn't as big.

Anonymous said...

Yep - it's very regional. We are not too bad yet, huh? DH just went to Detroit and out to a restaurant by the GM headquarters and apparently it's completely dead - they are struggling there big time. We go at 5:00 or 5:30 so there's no wait. It's frustrating, huh?

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on Wii sales. They were up like 50% from last year (Christmas) and nearly impossible to find for a time. Wii Fit is STILL impossible to find.

That tells me that people are NOT learning any lessons from this recession. If I had to bet good money, I would bet that many, many, many of those Wii's were put on plastic by people that otherwise couldn't have afforded them.

Which is why we're in this "recession" in the first place.

ORANGEHOUSE said...

Curriously, my private university is having year after year of record enrollment. The recesion must be macroscopic, and my micro world has been, thankfully, untouched so far. Whew.