Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pepsi How I Love Thee...Still

Somewhere along the line I got the idea that I deserve a Pepsi when I've had a bad day. Or night. Or, say, seven minutes.

I know this now, because I was theoretically going to only drink two Pepsi's a day for the month of January. And if you want to get technical about it, go by ounces, completely discount Coke, Dr Pepper, Sunkist, A&W Cream Soda, and average it out over 31 days, I suppose I succeeded.

But when I come to a day when I have four sick kids and I didn't sleep more than 28 minutes the preceding night (that's just a for-example. No pity, please, this was last Friday. I'm now recovering.), I wake with entitlement issues. (Wake, being metaphorical, of course, since I never really slept.)

I DESERVE Pepsi. Who cares if I've had two today. I DESERVE the treat. Sure, I could have coffee. I could have a Snickers. It isn't about caffeine OR sugar. It's about that delectable little thing called an addiction. It's PEPSI, man.

I've never understood people who feed their heartache (or exhaustion) in a batch of oh, cookie dough. (Love cookie dough. Might eat an entire batch. Just don't do it because I'm tired or upset. I do it because it is yummy.) Until this week. When I realized that I feed mine also. I just do it in liquid form.

Facing your own ugly truths is good for the soul.

Speaking of those silly little goals I had for January?

Yeah.

Heh.

Even if you get technical with it I didn't succeed with any of them.

Oatmeal every day for a month? How about averaging it out over the month and we say once a week?

Twenty-five crunches a day? How about 100 crunches a month?

Don't talk to me about my Pepsi.

THIS is why I don't call them resolutions.

I have, however, done Wii We Cheer several times a week ALL MONTH LONG.

Not like it's The Firm or anything, but it's something.

7 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Perhaps you could turn on the wii cheer, and cheer about the fact that you're about to have a Pepsi.

As I type this, I am sipping on a diet Pepsi Max.

Anonymous said...

As I type this I am enjoying my second cup of coffee (though technically I believe a "cup" of coffee is considered 6 oz and my mug is decidedly MORE than 6 oz) and already fantasizing about a Diet Coke.

I think I'm still on a bit of a Diet Coke binger since I didn't drink it (mostly) for the duration of my pregnancy.

Chaos-Jamie said...

Dudes, if I could make the switch to diet, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Can't do it. Also can't consume 1000 of my 2000 calories a day in Pepsi. Can I? There were days when I justified it (like when my bambino was teeny, IM) but seriously, bad, bad, bad for my bod. In triglycerides alone. Completely discounting belly flab.

Anonymous said...

So you're telling me it's okay for me to consume as much Diet Coke as I want?!

Chaos-Jamie said...

My uneducated opinion is if you're drinking enough water also, have at it.

Though little N might sleep better if you don't. However, Charming has acclimated to my caffeinated state so N might also.

Anonymous said...

Yes, well I wish that was a problem, but it's not. We had to give that up after not being able to figure out what was causing him to react each time we tried.

Chaos-Jamie said...

well in that case, sister, drink up!