CureAfrica.org -- Four American authors team to provide medical care in Africa through the sales of their books.
The need for medical care for the 10 million people of Guinea, West Africa has reached desperate levels. In an attempt to help, four authors announce CureAfrica.org as one small way to combat that need.
CureAfrica.org is the brainchild of Bill Giovannetti, author and pastor of Neighborhood Church in Redding, California. After a trip to Africa last year and with the recession slashing donations to charitable organization, Giovannetti sought a way to help a region in Africa with very little medical assistance. Giovannetti asked authors at his church to join him: Christian living author Ken Jones, humor writer Dave Meurer, and novelist Cindy Martinusen Coloma. The writers chose several titles to be offered, and CureAfrica.org was officially launched.
Their website states the plan:
· Buy 1 book, and you pay for a doctor visit, a vaccination, or the gift of sight.
· Buy 10 books, and you pay for a surgery.
· Buy 2 books, and you pay for a dental procedure.
CureAfrica.org supports two medical teams: Hope Clinic in Guinea, West Africa and the Timbi Mobile Medical Team that offers medical care in the remotest regions of Africa. Authors donate $5 for each book purchased. 100% is split equally between the two medical teams sent through CAMA Services.
“It’s amazing to know that for each book sold, someone’s life is drastically improved in a place of very little hope,” Giovannetti states.
To partner in the program, simply purchase books through the website at www.CureAfrica.org.
About the authors and featured books:
· Ken Jones is a highly respected author, speaker and storyteller. His featured book The Climb of Your Life follows Christ’s descent from heaven and climb up to the cross.
· Dave Meurer is the author of (how many) books and numerous articles. His books are filled with humor and inspiration: If You Want Breakfast in Bed, Sleep in the Kitchen and Mistake It Like A Man.
· Bill Giovannetti is a popular pastor and author. Blending real-life theology with quick-witted humor, How to Keep Your Inner Mess from Trashing Your Outer World helps readers find the peace and happiness God created them.
· Cindy Martinusen Coloma is the author of 9 novels. Her bestselling novel Orchid House and first young adult novel Ruby Unscripted are offered on CureAfrica.org.