Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Charming

My little son is struggling this week. He looks like I feel right after I've been in labor for 25 hours and given birth. His hands tremble. He stumbles when he walks. He crawls up stairs that he used to smoothly climb. But he hasn't given birth. He hasn't even had a fever. He did have chicken pox. And immunizations. And it could be totally unrelated. Or not. I don't know. And I don't know if I'm overreacting and will feel foolish in a few days, but I'm scared.

But while tooling around on the internet while waiting for the neurologist to call me back to set the appointment, I found a page that described pretty well what I'm seeing in my baby boy. And one of the common causes? Prolonged breast feeding.

Who knew that could hurt your child?

I'm pretty sure I'd rather face malnutrition in my skinny, breast-fed-for-more-than-two-years, baby boy than any of the other scenarios that my mind has conjured up, but......THE GUILT.

So tonight, if you will, say a prayer for my Charming. Hopefully a B12 shot will do the trick. Straight up healing will do also.

3 comments:

susan said...

Scary, prayers sent.

Lynette said...

Oh Jamie, I'm praying it's something as simple as that!! Please keep us posted here or on FB. {{HUG}}

Anonymous said...

Is it possible he has a complication from chickenpox? Say:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001397.htm

(Good news, it goes away. Bad news, it can take a while.)

I would think that malnutrition would come on more gradually.

So scary and prayers being said for your little man!!!!!