Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hope: One Child/One Meal at a Time


This is how I feel about running.

This is how orphan children feel about their empty tummies.

(This is how Charming feels about not getting another present at Christmas, not that it really matters.)


If you know me, you know my passion for orphan care and my disdain for running. :-) It's passion when it outweighs disdain. On April 17, I will be participating in Oceans of Mercy Run for Mercy 5K (there's a 10K, too, but I'm not psychotic). Every $20 raised for Oceans of Mercy feeds over 330 South African children. Please give what you can. $1 feeds 16. Every dollar counts. I'll run if you'll give!

Tell ya what: if we raise more than $500 I will do the 10. I may need oxygen, but I'll do it. Would you help?

http://www.active.com/donate/runformercy/jamiedriggers

No comments: