Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nonny

My stupid cat caught a baby bird and brought her "gift" in the house to me before I caught on to what she was doing.

The bad news is that her "gift" wasn't yet dead.

The good news is that I originally thought it was a mouse. Live birds are preferable to live mice in my house. Don't ask why.

The bad news is I let her into my bedroom.

When I figured out she was carrying gifts, I screeched and grabbed at her at which point she let go her prey who fled under my bed and which point I screeched louder and which point the kids came running and which point the cat flew under the bed after the prey.

We still thought it was a mouse at this point.

The kids chased the prey back and forth under the bed, under the dresser, under the chest, under the bed, under the dresser, under the side table, with cat trailing.

They finally cornered the bird (we knew what it was by now) in the corner and were calling the cat over to have a feast.

I screeched, "WHY? Chase it out!"

(I was sitting on the back porch to avoid beaning by broom handle.)

All the bird needed was encouragement towards the door. They moved the blockade and it flew out.

Directly at my head. 

Stupid cat has become quite a mouser. Or chipmunker. Or birder. And REALLY likes to give her captives to me.

Gah.

2 comments:

Senior Citizen said...

Solution? I bequeath my two cheerio killers to you. They won't even eat cat meat in a can. Just dry food that looks like cheerios.

They can teach your mouser to be neat and not give you heart problems.

Now, if they could just catch my darn coffee cup - I know Mrs hid it again, but where? Sneaky, I bet it's in the bottom of the cat's cheerio sack - YEH!!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

We had a cat who liked to bring bats to us in the middle of the night. Most of them were still alive too. Nothing like waking up at 2 AM to the sound of bats who disapprove of being eaten.