Monday, July 07, 2014

Gratitude

I'm thankful for sisters that keep me accountable to do one Thing a day that drags me down. Sometimes the Thing is as simple as picking up the hot dog package left on the patio from Memorial weekend grilling, or, like today, putting away the coats, gloves, hats, scarves and boots that were piled on the coat closet floor. It is silly that these things drag us down and even sillier that we don't do them. I'm so glad I have a village that makes me do them AND that don't mock me when I send my daily email confessing my daily Thing.

I'm thankful that two play-dates came to me today instead of me having to do the phone calls. Everyone is happy and my phone phobia could rest for a day.

I'm thankful that my teens will be home from camp in a couple hours. A couple hours after that, I am going to try to remember I'm thankful for all their noise enthusiasm.

I'm thankful that there are people who actually think I would be good enough at a job to ask me to do it, even if it is the last job in the church building I would want to do and yes, I have considered cleaning the toilets and I hold to my statement. I know I would be rather horrid at it not necessarily be the best candidate for the job, and I may be the bottom of the barrel, but maybe they actually think I would do a decent job.

I took a Facebook time waster quiz the other day that informed me my optimal job would be social activist. If I wasn't so afraid of intimidated by reclusive (OK, can't spin this one positively), I think Facebook would be correct. So I looked around and found a way to be a social activist by appealing to America's need to accessorize. I absolutely love this company, so I'm going to sell for them on behalf of all the mamas out there that want to find a way to keep their children. Poverty alone should NEVER break up a family.

No comments: