Monday, August 25, 2008

Giddy

Do you all think it will ever get old for me to sell my writing? I guess not old, per se, but a non-event? I am still delighted when I get an assignment and then again when I get the email that says they approve with no edits and again when I get the contract, and again when I get the check. I even hang the check on my fridge for a few weeks before I deposit it because it makes me happy to see it. I can be having the worst day and get an assignment and be giddy for the rest of the day and maybe week. And I HATE getting assignments because then I’m immediately at a loss for words and everything I write stinks and I have butterflies in my stomach until I get the email saying “contract is on its way.”
Do you think my behavior is bizarre? It isn’t like I’m selling the Great American Novel. I sold a piece about fighting with my husband, basically. Other people have dirty laundry and I sell mine for the whole world to see. And this makes me happy?

But I got my contract in the mail today, and I bet you won't be able to get me out of the clouds.

3 comments:

mommy4life said...

Congrats again, Chaos!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting and no, I doubt it would get old. If it did, it would become a burden not a blessing.

Heck, I write about arguments with my hubby for the whole world (all three of them that read my blog) to see and it's free :).

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am giddy for you! Congrats!!!!

Mrs.Nurse Boy