Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Whole New Level of Game

My kids play "don't touch the floor" just like I did as as kid. That has to be a game that kids just come up with because I'm sure I didn't tell them about it.

They leapt from couch to couch until their daddy told them to cut it out.

Then they walked on books until their daddy told them to cut it out.

Then they walked on trash, etc.

And then Eldest came up with this:

Which eventually morphed into this:

You've got to appreciate the creativity that shows up when you turn off the TV.

Assuming, of course, that you survive the "I'm bored"s and the "there's nothing to do"s and whining and wheedling and complaining that comes first.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

We used to call that game poison rug. Maybe eldest just knows there are more toothpicks down there. He is probably the carless tooth picker.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I remember playing that game. However, I DO think you should wear a pair of their specialty shoes before your next trip outside.

I do recall AM playing "there's sharks on the floor" or even "there's lava on the floor" a few times.

Anonymous said...

Have to tell you "Thank you". My kids just came in with the "Can we...fill in your own electronic gizzmo...? Followed by the "There is nothing to do...I'm bored". You just reinforced my decision so I didn't cave! Big Sis