Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Who Do They Think They Are Fooling?

The worst thing about the Olympics is the commercials (also a great part of the Olympics, I admit, when VISA is on).

Okay, but what's with McDonald's "buttery tasting bun" and "homemade tasting biscuits?" Do they really think they're fooling anyone? It annoys me every time.


Speaking of buttery tasting buns, I made a wicked grilled ham with pepper cheddar on sourdough for supper tonight. I have skilz. And I didn't use butter. I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Although I can believe it. But since I buy it for a certain overnight guest who hasn't been overnight in a while, I have been using it occasionally.

Would have been better to have butter, but it was pretty stinkin' good anyway.

And has anyone else noticed that both Obama and McCain use the same video clip of the windmills in their ads? Me either, but Hubs tells me they do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the homemade (tasting) biscuits too!

Ick. Adding "tasting" makes it sooo much less appealing. I mean I know logically that they don't have some southern mama coming in at 4am to punch out fresh biscuits, but couldn't they have let me live in denial?

Lucky for me, I don't eat them anyway (too greasy).

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Chaos,
You certainly are an intellegent sounding woman. I am going to go mow my long looking grass now. I noticed the same windmills in both adds also. They are both energy consious looking, aren't they.