Saturday, October 08, 2011

Kinda Goofy

This morning, my first thought on waking was, "Please God, don't let it rain until all the football games are over so we don't have to reschedule."

I repeated the prayer often this morning and then I went to the games.

Where I watched storms roll in.

And listened to people on cell phones around me explain to people on the other end of the connection, "No, we haven't had any rain. It's really windy. And it looks stormy...really? It's pouring there? Huh. No, not yet." Etc.

Two hours and seven minutes later, as we walked back to our van, and threw the lawn chairs in, it began to spit. As we pulled into our driveway, it began to pour.

Sometimes you pray, knowing it is silly and not really expecting anything to come of it.

And sometimes you pray hoping Someone will hear you, but not really anticipating it is worthy of hearing.

And sometimes, you sit on the football field, staring at the sky in awe, and wanting to shout to the people around you, "It isn't raining because I prayed, but you better hustle to your car as soon as those boys are done shaking hands!"

Today was one of those kinds of days.

On all counts.

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is funny - I did the same thing for my wedding - it started raining as soon as Chris and I left the park but hey - no rain on our parade! :)

The Brew Crew said...

Thanks for your prayers. I enjoyed coming home dry from the games & then listening to the rain outside all afternoon. Glorious!