So this morning at 6:34 AM our fire alarm went off.
Yes, it has been but two short weeks since we've called the fire department.
My husband and I both bolted out of bed and raced to the smoke detector. He turned it off.
It immediately shrieked again.
Still no smoke. He turned it off again.
Carbon monoxide? I asked. No, says he. Besides the CO detector isn't shrieking. No smell of natural gas. And this wasn't the battery's-dying-beep. This was full on alarm shriek. We still have no idea why it shrieked.
At 6:34 AM.
Have I mentioned that my kids are out of town?
What kind of sick joke is this?
And no, I couldn't go back to sleep.