Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Sleepys

I've had my precious little kiddos home for 24 hours now and man, I'm exhausted. I think I'm also sunburned, but that's a different story.

I love having these little breaks from them every now and then because they first couple days back are so sweet. They want to snuggle and will lay on the couch with me for great lengths of time. They bring me stuff. Today I said something about being sleepy and Eldest trotted right into the kitchen, opened the fridge and the next thing I heard was the "pop!" of a Pepsi being cracked.

Which reminds me that I started a book a while back called "Your Six-Year-Old" or something close to that. They said in the first paragraph that six year olds are pretty much bi-polar. When they are good they are very, very good and when they are bad they are horrid. That's my kid. But today he was heavy on the very, very good. I like that.

I also like bedtime which couldn't have come a moment sooner. I've got to remember to pace myself.

1 comment:

kpjara said...

In the words of that weird dude on WaterBoy..."You can DO it!"

I'm glad the kids are being so delightful! Enjoy it.