Tuesday, January 01, 2008

He Loves Me!

Hubs has been a little short with me all day. I probably have been with him as well. I think we exacerbate the problem when one is short, the other responds in kind, et cetera, even when nothing is wrong...except that one of us stayed out too late last night and the other of us was up with sick kids all night.

It's the small things that kill marriages, I'm serious.

But, by this evening we were back to bantering. Short bantering, but bantering, nonetheless.

We got on this role of, "That's what keeps Daddy coming back." (passive aggressive, I know) To which he would respond with, "Well, it helps, but it isn't the real reason." I worked my way through food, sparkling personality, vows, among other things when I gave up and demanded to know what DID keep him coming back, everyday, to the land of chaos (when I know how much he hates disorder in general).

He gave me the sweetest answer--one which many would not find particularly complementary--and also one I am not prone to share--not because it is indecent, because it isn't--but because someone who isn't US won't understand.

I think it is probably the nicest thing he has ever said to me.

1 comment:

Angi said...

I love those moments . . . . .