Sunday, January 13, 2008

Telling Time

Back before I knew how to tell time, I knew when the Flintstones would be over: you get a long segment, long commercial, short segment, commercial, final clip (probably the credits).

Now I know how to tell time at night without looking at a clock.

Fall asleep, baby wakes (yes, they are ALWAYS concurrent) nurse baby on the left side.

Sleep. Nurse baby on the right side.

Sleep. Nurse baby on the left side.

Sleep. Nurse baby on the right and pray he doesn't know it is morning since the sun isn't up.

Play with baby. Night is over.

Child is like clockwork.

At least I know what to expect. Somehow that makes getting up with a ten month old four times a night (which, yes, translates to two in reality, but work with me here) almost tolerable.

No comments: