Friday, February 24, 2006

Clarity

I need a healthy dose.

So yesterday I bit the bullet and contacted the editor that I mentioned a couple days ago. I thought, "Hey, at least we could speed up the 'no.' Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Heck, the bridge has already been burned anyway, I already sent her a "boring" proposal (ACK!), and she gave me a second chance.

Anyway, I found the last email she sent which used the word "this," tagged it onto the end of my email which used the word "something," to which she responded that I could send "it."

You think they know what you're saying, you hope you know what they are saying, and at the end of the day, you haven't a clue what to do to proceed.

So, I've spent twenty-four hours paralyzed, unsure of what to do. I've decided to go with brutal honesty. And I'm going to hope she said what I think she said even if she said something else.

Clear?

No comments: