Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Grappling with Nonsense

Today I had a surreal experience on my monthly trip to Sam’s.

Grapple.

I’m eating an apple. A nice, crisp apple. Best texture of an apple I’ve come across. And it tastes like grape soda. The idea, I believe was to combine grapes and apples (which I was curious about considering one grows on a tree and one grows on a vine…how do you cross those?). I think what they did was add grape flavoring to apples. How? I don’t know. I’m baffled. And they were only six dollars for about as many apples.

Lucky me, my children don’t think apples should taste like grape soda. They like grape soda, they like apples. They must, like me, like their flavors separated. There are just some lines you can’t cross.

On the other hand, I also sampled the newly carried Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Godiva chocolate. Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake. Enough said. And only fifteen something for the whole thing. Considering that a single slice of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake is $7.50, I may crack and buy the thing long about next Valentines day.

Oh, golly, that’s next week. (Can you visualize my feigned surprise?)

Lucky me.

No comments: