Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Separation Anxiety

I again had the moment that every mom dreams of and yet dreads. I packed my kids into the van, kissed them goodbye, and sent them to their grandma's.

And I'm weepy, why?

For days I've said I needed some time alone. I've had NONE. Not even at night. Even when one makes it through the night without invading my bed another takes a turn. I really needed a quiet night. But it was so unexpected.

I expected them to leave tomorrow, just after ice skating lessons. Not tonight before I even had a chance to experience separation anxiety. So when the decision was made, I had to compound twelve hours of emotion into less than 30 minutes.

Thankfully my "baby" awakened so that I could say a proper goodbye.

As I will now say to you. Back Monday.

No comments: