I've been tagged by kpjara for this meme about books. I know you all know how utterly disappointed I am by this misfortune...to have to talk about books AGAIN.
Gasp. Poor me.
1. One book that changed your life: Siri Mitchell's Kissing Adrien. Yes, it is chick lit. Yes, that means it is fiction. But she totally allowed my mind to take the paradigm shift that it had been trying to take for a long time. It changed the way I approach clothing, food, "Christian snobbery..."
2. One book that you've read more than once: Hello? Gone With the Wind. Jane Eyre also, but only because I forgot that I'd read it and once I figured it out, couldn't remember how it ended. The entire Love Comes Softly series by Jeanette Oke. Several times.
3. One book that made you laugh: What A Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck. I married the engineer. Nothing like living the book to make the humor roll-off-the-couch-funny.
4. One book that made you cry: Deb Raney's Beneath a Southern Sky. I was so proud to make it all the way through the book without crying and then I hit the prologue. I SOBBED people. And when my husband came home I told him how I'd made it to the prologue without crying and then lost it. And when I told him why I sobbed again. And again the next day when I told my mom. Sniff.
5. One book that you wish had been written: Cookies on Sunday by yours truly. I was going to write it this year, but the year got away from me.
6. One book you are currently reading: Sisterchicks Take Flight. (It's a devotional.) And Giraffe of MontanaVol 2. (I'm just not getting it.)
7. One book you've been meaning to read: Hot Flashes and Cold Cream