Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Arthur and the Invisibles

Because Princess and Eldest are in Day Camp this week I took Frodo to the Summer Movie Series this morning. We went to see Arthur and the Invisibles.

It had potential to be good. Though why I get my hopes up on children's movies these days, I don't know.

I just wanted to warn the parents out there who care there was a WHOLE LOTTA O.M.G.

Now you might say OMG INBD! But I don't. I don't even like to hear my kids say Oh. My. Gosh. I say it. I try not to, but it does come out. We try to focus in on saying goodness or heavens or some such which I know is all a derivative. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Whatever. Think what you like. I don't want a debate over what is okay and what is not.

I'm just warning you that it is said a LOT in this movie. The first time I heard it, I was a little surprised (it is animated, for heaven's sake), but thought that maybe I mis-heard. Well, if I did, I mis-heard it a bunch more times and frankly, I don't like it. And I won't be allowing my kids to get this one from the library.

There is Shrek with his gas problem and calling Donkey "A$$," but this is the Lord's name in vain and is a whole other thing in my books.

2 comments:

Angi said...

I agree!!!!

mamashine said...

Good to know. I was thinking about letting my daughter see that one, and that's a dealbreaker for me too. Thanks!