Wednesday, March 08, 2006

(BLEEP!!)

Yesterday was a [bleep] day. Now mind you, I was up to my eyeballs in [bleep] so it isn't so far off that my day might be described as [bleep]. As my husband, the ex-milker, says, "When you are in it up to your knees, that's just what it is." Even his grandmother and mother, both very devout Mennonite ladies, refer to it as [bleep]. And boy was I in it up to my knees..And beyond.

My whole house reeks.

You know, it's one thing to have a child with a stomach bug. It is quite another to have a child who you are potty training and almost there with a stomach bug. Do you put him back in diapers to save yourself the mess? Or do you do as I chose and know that if you go back to diapers for even one minute, everything you've worked so hard to instill will go totally to waste.

And he prefers boxer shorts.

They were my downfall yesterday. Today we may not go to diapers. I'm even going to try to avoid pull ups (although when we go to Sam's later, I think I will bend on that--[bleep] and Sam's don't mix for me), but I am going to insist on tidy whities. And old ones because I refuse to run another pair of those nasty pants through the washer. Yesterday I had to run a load twice to get the stench out.

It is not my imagination. I promise.

Last night I spent a fortune on those odor sprays for my carpet and furniture. Today I have to buy more laundry detergent. By the way "Odor Ban" actually works, and quite well. When I said my house reeks, I was lying. But last night when I got home from the store I could still smell the "accident" that happened at 2:30 in the afternoon. Either that or the 5:30 "accident." Both of which I cleaned with my handy-dandy (that doesn't work so well) portable carpet cleaner and left all the doors open to air out the stench even though my husband closed them after I left.....But I came home and sprayed the odor ban and this morning I was greeted with the sweet clean smell of odor ban which reminds me of hairspray.

Hey, I'll take it.

So this morning, I planned to come down here and rant about the injustice of my life and blah, blah, blah but first I read my Bible and God sent me to Haggai. "Haggai?" you say. Yeah, I know. Who knew that God would send anyone to Haggai? I would have contentedly spent my morning in 1 Peter like I planned, but no... I thought, "Okay?? Whatever." And expected to read about the dude who had to marry a prostitute. Now you know how often I'm in Haggai. But I was greeted with the bold letters of "Caught up with Taking Care of Your Own Houses."

Yeah? I thought that was the right thing to do. I thought that when I quit all my involvement in extra stuff at the church (well I still work nursery) I was tending to my family, my holy priority. But I prayed this morning and asked God why it was so out-of-control hard and he sent me to Haggai.

I could type the whole book, but you're going to have to go read it yourself if you want to know. Apparently I need to get my behind back involved if I want things to ease up around here. And I don't mean financially. I learned way back in my newlywed days that God takes care of you if you tithe, so even when it hurts(and it almost always does), we do that. I think I need to start giving of my time. Of which I have none, but even though it hurts, surely I have some to give. And even if I don't, I have to.

He answered, now it's up to me.

No comments: