Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mark This Day In History

Something I saved, "just in case," was not only useful, but absolutely necessary and probably saved me $25.

Most of the crap (and I don't use that term lightly) I save drives me absolutely nuts and I've been trying to get rid of it, but when my humidifier tank was broken (by a child trying to help) just after I bought the thing, I saved the tank. I couldn't explain why. I just didn't know if the (ridiculously priced) replacement tank would have all the parts. Or if they would really send it. And maybe the old tank could be patched with rubber cement or something.

Well, I got the (ridiculously priced) replacement tank yesterday. And it came WITHOUT the cap. AS IF someone would order the tank and expect them to not send the piece that closes it. And I was filled with a sick feeling that I would have to call them back and get the cap also and at this point I should just go buy a new humidifier because they are probably about to clearance the things out.

I went to the garage, just KNOWING I would not find the cracked tank that I had tried to talk myself into tossing 100 times. And there it was. Cap in place.

Humidifier works.

So once, just once, saving junk worked in my favor.

Now, I'm off to declutter.

No comments: