Thursday, February 07, 2008

cravings simplified

I never did find it yesterday, but I resorted to my customary craving solution. I made a pan of peanut butter rice crispy treats sans rice crispies con corn chex. It has solved my cravings for years. I think there is enough sugar, salt, protein and crunch to take care of whatever biological necessity promoted the craving in the first place.

By the way, I highly recommend the corn chex (store brand, that is) substitution when snowed in. I also like corn flakes. So much so that I rarely use rice crispies anymore. Cheerios are ok. Not my fav.

And the craving is the same it usually is when it isn't Mexican food: sour. I crave sour when I'm overtired like a maniac. Sour gummy worms. Cherry Limeade. Lemonade made with lemon juice (the real stuff). Unfortunately, Braeburn apples don't cut it.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Maybe it's a craving to give nurse boy cash. Those bars are gonna satisfy that craving. I say it's worth trying.

Anonymous said...

Wow - talk about sucking all the fun out of trying to figure out the craving :P.

It's like an adventure, combing through the pantry....looking for just the "right" thing. Sampling this. Tasting that. Polishing off the last of those.

Were is your sense of adventure?