Monday, February 18, 2008

Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear

When a man turns up dead in a teddy bear costume, Ginger and the other ladies of the Bargain Hunters Network learn a lesson about trusting in God rather than in wealth as they try to solve the crime and clear one of their own.

Chaos here: some of you might remember this post in which I raved over an author who knows a good deal when she writes one and I had the privilege to read another of her books last week.

So, okay, yeah, Ginger has more than her share of dead bodies and you might start off wondering what kind of bad vibes this woman is carrying around with herself. And yeah, some of us don't think that outlet malls are such a good deal. (Though we might under the right circumstances.) But there is just something about the way that Sharon Dunn writes that makes her books can't-put-'em-down good.

This was a highly enjoyable cozy mystery. I love her "bargain talk." You know, an everything-is-a-quarter-garage-sale type statements (Though she doesn't use that one. It's one I'd use.). And you can't quite put your finger on who the bad guy is and why, which is nice. She does a wonderful job not rehashing the first book. So much so that I forgot many things I should have remembered....but I wouldn't take the rehash over not having the rehash.

So, this is a stand alone sequel that I think you'd really enjoy picking up the first one anyway. Heck, they are both light, quick reads. Grab 'em both. You won't regret it.

Oh, and I have a spare to give away. Charming ate my copy and was highly attracted to the cover (he lunged every time he saw it). So, if you want to read it, or if you have a teether who likes to cut his teeth on bright purple books...leave a comment and I'll get one in the mail to you.

Which reminds me, mommy4life won 101 Cups of Water, and the lizness won Rattled. Congrats ladies!

4 comments:

mommy4life said...

I loved the first in this series. I identify too with the quest for the ultimate bargain.

Those little ones and books...I've had to rescue two library books from Gigi's clutches today.....

Anonymous said...

i loved the first book in the series! i would love to win a copy of this one! hsmuda[at]gmail[dot]com thanks!

Karin said...

I must confess-- I have never read anything by this author. But the book sounds good! Please enter me in your giveaway. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

this looks like a fun read, please enter me, thanks!