Friday, May 12, 2006

In Sheep's Clothing

Listen to this. Think about it. Really think about it.

Had she truly let herself be satisfied with God? Or had she been spending all her time feeding herself on what she thought might taste good to her impoverished soul? Had she truly let God satisfy her?

Probably not. She'd spent a lot of time trying to satisfy God, instead.

Can you believe that came out of fiction? Oh, is still makes me tremble hours after I discovered it. This is my life. I spend my days wondering how to satisfy God when He wants to satisfy me. Unbelievable. And confirmation after Tuesday's study of the romance chapter in Captivating.

Susan May Warren does it again. I don't know how she does it, but man....

Okay, In Sheep's Clothing is totally different from her Deep Haven series. For one it is set in Siberia, and darned it I understand that culture. Though I have a much better understanding of it now. But wowza! In a world where I think I don't know who my friends are I know that I have it much better than poor Gracie. Can you imagine your friends being picked off one by one and you may be next? What about when fingers start pointing to the remaining friends? Sheesh.

Go Susan, Go! I've already started Flee the Night, and if the first three pages are any indication, go ahead and buy both at once. I'm sure Amazon will offer them that way. (wink)

Happy Weekend folks!

No comments: